Victoria C. Walters firstname.lastname@example.org
Korn Ferry, Philadelphia, PA July 2020-Present
Lead UX Researcher
- Approached in my first month as lead with product pivot and thus need for research without a customer pipeline or budget. Performed guerilla research using the team’s Linkedin contacts over 2 weeks to deliver quick insights to inform designs for a Q4 product rollout.
- Pivoted during pilot program to extend the length of the research period, changed survey questions, and added additional feedback sessions to fit customer’s availability. This allowed us to understand their motivations and pain points to better inform future research and product iterations.
- Established relationships with SMEs, product, sales, and customer support to perform research, inform UX of customer feedback and leave positive impressions of UXR.
- Mentored the junior UX researcher on the team in note-taking for different methodologies and more succinct topline writing.
Frontline Education, Greater Philadelphia, PA July 2019-May 2020
- Specialized in discovery customer interviews, unmoderated usability studies setup, and stakeholder alignment workshops.
- Implemented and trained product and design team on research tool, UserZoom, which allowed for faster testing by 3 weeks per project.
- Served as the dedicated UX research resource for UX design and product management across 7 departments throughout the organization.
- Played a key role in scaling UX Ops by conducting tool evaluation, bringing in UserZoom, and assembling a research contact repository.
- Re-organized structure and co-facilitated weekly critiques.
Sartography, Remote (part-time Freelance work) Jan 2020-Oct 2020
- Contributed to a lean and mean team to develop information architecture, design patterns, and high fidelity UI designs for a clinical research study platform for UVa over 5 months to ensure increased usability for over 75 clinical researchers.
- Prototyped instructional applied behavior analysis theory responsive web app to aid parents of autistic children with life skills.
Intevity, Philadelphia, PA June 2018-July 2019
- Served as UX/UI designer for the Department of Labor ECOMP site, leading the design effort to move from Flash to HTML5.
- Led and presented at formal design review meetings with the client bi-weekly using Invision and communicated with the client regularly about iterations to designs.
- Designed with usability and accessibility best practices, as well as adhered to design standards as top priorities bringing the site up to WCAG 2.0 standards.
- Co-led weekly Intevity book club, recognized by executives as an experience to help train and develop employees along with bringing in new ideas. For example, overhauling our onboarding program after reading ‘The Power of Moments’.
Intevity, Philadelphia, PA June 2017-June 2018
Associate Business Experience Designer
- Served as UX/UI designer through major branding changes and learned Axure in 2 weeks to adapt to the client’s tool of choice.
- Planned, co-facilitated, and performed synthesis and analysis for slide decks for client participatory design thinking and requirements gathering workshops.
Plannerzone, Philadelphia, PA July 2015-March 2017
- Co-planned and facilitated field and diary studies to evaluate marketing work which validated those campaigns.
- Facilitated and planned online and in-person design thinking workshops to map staffing agency divisions’ customer journey paths.
- Moderated virtual and in-person co-development customer journey map sessions; guided participants engaged and encouraged to complete tasks.
- Managed projects from start to finish, delegated tasks, coordinated recruits, developed processes for the team, coordinated travel, drafted discussion guides, and screeners.
- Performed a series of interviews, focus groups, and workshops to improve an insurance company’s sales implementation process. Findings from the interviews greenlit a substantial budget increase for the following year to make usability improvements.
SKILLS: Design thinking workshops, user interviews, customer journeys, prototyping, wireframing, personas, information architecture, workflow diagrams, UI design, Agile, curiosity, collaboration, team mentality, accessibility
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Fox School of Business, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Business Administration, Graduate
Major: International Business, Marketing
American Graphics Institute
UX Design Certificate